Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"SISTER CARRIE" THEODORE DREISER

I am now reading "SISTER CARRIE" by Theodore Dreiser published in 1900. This novel is on the list for top 100 books. I am working my way through this list in a random order.....party due to the non-efficient library in my small town. After I finished "PERFUME", I brought my "100" list to the library to check out another book and you wouldn't believe how many of the books were not in, misfiled or they didn't have. So this is how I ended with "SISTER CARRIE" because I told myself to take the first one that was available (I was having a hot flash and sweating profusely even though everyone else was cold from the remaining snow). Luckily, I am enjoying this novel very much and would like to not put it down. So far, a small town girl moves to Chicago, lives with her sister & brother in-law, finds a job in a shoe factory and is realizing there must be more to life than the shabby existence she sees around. Well, I have screwed around enough this morning...back to reading. ~~~ ANOTHER complaint about our library......not enough parking!!!!!! Sometimes you have to park blocks away and they do not do a good job of shoveling the snow & ice!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment