Friday, January 29, 2010

HOMEMADE EGG NOODLES

EGG NOODLES DRYING

I made this recipe for my son Joe. It' s not in my diabetes cook books, but I have to admit...I did eat some & YUM!!! After the noodles dried, I added to the broth from a chuck roast that I had cooked in the crockpot. I shredded some of the meat, boiled a few potatoes, added carrots, celery and onion. The noodles only take about 10 minutes to boil. You can add these noodle to any of your favorite dishes. The recipe follows.
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup mild
1 tablespoon butter
Stir together the flour and salt. Add the beaten eggs, milk and butter.
Knead dough until smoth, about 5 minutes. Let rest in a covered bowl for 10 minutes.
On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8 or 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired lengths and shapes.
Allow to air dry before cooking (I waited 30 minutes).
To cook fresh pasta...in a large pot with boiling salted water until al dente.

No comments:

Post a Comment