Monday, February 22, 2010

WEEK IN REVIEW

Diabetic Brownies
Kyle's 16Th Birthday

This has been a busy week. I have kept up with my daily workouts. I usually go with my brother Eric or my children to the YMCA. We do at least 30 to 60 minutes of cardio and then 20 minutes or more of the weight machines. I feel as though I am toning my muscles, but the weight loss is not happening. During the week, my doctors office called to have me do a blood work-up, EKG and urine. I hate getting an EKG, it is quite embarrassing. The next day I was called into the doctor's because my blood test showed that my thyroid and blood sugar were out of control. Basically, I was informed that my thyroid has quit working and it is causing my diabetes to not be regulated. Also, this is probably why I am constantly hot flashing. At first I was feeling really depressed, because they said I will have a tough time loosing weight and possibly gain weight. I have been battling these health issues for years. I am tired of feeling sick every day and the lack of energy. But I will not give up! The doctor has increased my diabetic medicine and has put me on the thyroid pill. I will be going back in 6 weeks after another blood workup, hopefully we will see improvement. A funny but pathetic story to add..................Chuck, my husband has lost 12 pounds by laying on the couch while I am doing all this working out. All he had to do was give up cream in his coffee!


The pictures at the top show diabetic brownies my daughter Jennie made for Valentine's Day. So sweet!

Also, we attended a birthday party for Kyle who turned 16. As a normal "new" driver, he ran into the garage door and busted the headlights. Luckily, nothing more serious.

Work: I previewed a possible estate sale in Rimrock, AZ. After visiting with the elderly lady, I have decided not to take this job. Negative factors include the distance, not enough quality furniture and she doesn't want me to have the sale in the house. This will not work for me. I may elaborate on this subject later.


No comments:

Post a Comment