Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MANICOTTA









For Valentine's Day I made homemade manicotti a recipe from my Italian mother-in-law. So trust me.....this is good! The pasta is made like a pancake in a frying pan. 3 eggs, 1 cup flour, 1 cup water. Use a drop of olive oil in the pan & ladle the mixture....it doesn't take long, flip once for a very short time. Amazing how it will be flexible like a boiled noodle. Make a stack of these. For the filling: 1 lb. ricotta, 1/2 cup grating cheese, fresh parsley, 1 egg. The fresh parsley is a must to give it the authentic taste. Roll the cheese mixture in the pasta, cover with your red sauce and top with grated cheese. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. I only make this recipe about once a year as I make extra to give to loved ones and this will be a day long project. I always make homemade meatballs to go along with the manicotti. My family knows this means love. The title "MANICOTTA" I copied from her recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment