Tuesday, February 2, 2010

CARROT SOUP

Tonight I made carrot soup for dinner. I make this recipe about once a month because my family loves this dish. Even I like it and before this recipe, I thought I hated cooked carrots.

Heat 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tsp minced garlic, 2 tbs fresh cilantro, and chili paste (I used Sriracha otherwise known as rooster sauce. Dr. Oz has claimed this to be the best condiment you can use & my family is addicted to this spicy sauce). Saute' 2 chopped onions and a bag of diced carrots. Add a couple of peeled and diced potatoes and 6 cups of broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer for approximately 45 minutes until vegetables are soft. After it cools a little......puree' in batches. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh cilantro.

You can spice this up with curry or chili powder. I did this as my family likes it spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment