Thursday, March 4, 2010

CANDLE IN THE WIND


Today it is so windy.........I have decided that I hate the wind & am glad I do not live in the "Windy City" of Chicago.
Speaking of wind, reminded me of my all time favorite music artist Elton John (CANDLE IN THE WIND). In the early 70's I would play his albums over & over. I would crank the volume all the way up & sing my heart out. After all these years, I can still remember all the lyrics. Unfortunately, my children will not let me sing in the car & especially in front of their friends.
When the "GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD" album came out (it was a double album, long anticipated), I didn't realize what some of the songs were about. For example "All The Girls Love Alice", "Social Disease", "Sweet Painted Lady" etc..... I found my dad reading the words one day & he informed me that this was unacceptable garbage and proceeded to forbid me from listening. Believe me, I continued to play these records just on a lower volume. How could he think these beautiful songs were so bad? I was just a young girl who loved the harmony & music.

No comments:

Post a Comment